About Geelong Cemeteries Trust
Geelong Cemeteries Trust is a not for profit Incorporated Trust, which operates under the provisions of the "Cemeteries and Crematoria Act 2003" of Victoria
The Geelong Cemeteries Trust was formed in December 1984 following the amalgamation of the Eastern and Western Cemetery Trusts and the Highton/Barrabool Hills Cemetery Trust.
Three Trustees, as they were known then, were nominated by each of the two larger Trusts - Eastern and Western Cemetery Trusts - and two Trustees were nominated from the Barrabool Hills Trust to make up the new Geelong Cemeteries Trust.
And so, the Geelong Cemeteries Trust was formed by government gazettal on 1 January 1985.
Since then the Trust has taken on a number of additional Cemeteries and built a Crematorium to service the region and now administers nineteen sites throughout Geelong, Bellarine, Queenscliff, Surf Coast and the Colac Otway area.
To provide caring services for our families and communities, and maintain a respectful, sustainable environment.
The quality burial, cremation and memorial services and facilities we provide need to be consistent, of reasonable cost and exceed the community's expectations.
To achieve excellence in the provision of quality cemetery facilities and services for our families and communities.
Geelong Cemeteries Trust administers
- Geelong Eastern Cemetery - Ormond Road, Geelong East
- Geelong Western Public Cemetery - Minerva Road, Geelong West
- Grovedale (Germantown) Cemetery - Church Street, Grovedale
- Mount Duneed Cemetery - Williams Road, Mount Duneed
- Leopold (Kensington) Cemetery - Kensington Road, Leopold
- Drysdale (Bellarine) Cemetery - Oakden Road, Drysdale
- Portarlington Cemetery - Smythe Street, Portarlington
- Flinders Memorial Park - Forest Road, Lara
- Highton (Barrabool Hills) Cemetery - Barrabool Road, Highton
- Mt Moriac Cemetery - Reservoir Road, Mt Moriac
- Winchelsea Cemetery - McConachy Street, Winchelsea
- Lorne Cemetery - Howard Street, Lorne
- Geelong Memorial Park and Crematorium - Burvilles Road, Armstrong Creek
- Queenscliff Cemetery - 189 Point Lonsdale Road, Pt. Lonsdale
- Colac Cemetery - Gravesend Street, Colac
- Beeac Cemetery - Beeac Cemetery Road, Beeac
- Whoorel Cemetery - Cemetery Road, Birregurra
- Warncoort Cemetery - Warncoort Cemetery Road, Warncoort
These cemeteries are open daily for pedestrian access.
The available range of graves, monuments and memorialisation options varies between cemeteries.
- Darryl Thomas - (Chief Executive Officer)
- Frank de Groot - (Deputy CEO/Operations Manager)
- Trevor Colbert - (Manager, Finance & Administration)
- Jason Lyle - (Funeral Supervisor / Operations Co-ordinator)
- Warren McKean - (Funeral Supervisor / Operations Co-ordinator Colac Otway Region)
- Ashleigh Hoy - (Executive Assistant)