Geelong Cemeteries Trust Is A Not For Profit Incorporated Trust, Which Operates Under The Provisions Of The “Cemeteries And Crematoria Act 2003” Of Victoria
The Geelong Cemeteries Trust was formed in December 1984 following the amalgamation of the Eastern and Western Cemetery Trusts and the Highton/Barrabool Hills Cemetery Trust.
Three Trustees, as they were known then, were nominated by each of the two larger Trusts – Eastern and Western Cemetery Trusts – and two Trustees were nominated from the Barrabool Hills Trust to make up the new Geelong Cemeteries Trust.
And so, the Geelong Cemeteries Trust was formed by government gazettal on 1 January 1985.
Since then the Trust has taken on a number of additional Cemeteries and built a Crematorium to service the region and now administers twenty sites throughout Geelong, Bellarine, Queenscliff, Gisborne, Surf Coast and the Colac Otway area.
To provide caring services for our families and communities, and maintain a respectful, sustainable environment.
The quality burial, cremation and memorial services and facilities we provide need to be consistent, of reasonable cost and exceed the community’s expectations.
To achieve excellence in the provision of quality cemetery facilities and services for our families and communities.
- Darryl Thomas – (Chief Executive Officer)
- Frank de Groot – (Deputy CEO/Operations Manager)
- Trevor Colbert – (Manager, Finance & Administration)
- Jason Lyle – (Deputy Operations Manager/ Client Services Co-ordinator)
- Warren McKean – (Human Resources / Funeral Supervisor / Operations Co-ordinator Colac Otway Region)
- Ashleigh Hoy – (Executive Assistant)