Current Trust Members
- L. J. Smith (Chairman) (appointed 1 March 2010)
- S. M. Chisholm (appointed 1 March 2010)
- P. G. Mansfield (appointed 1 August 2012)
- A. Brackley (appointed 1 March 2016)
- M. Crouch (appointed 1 July 2018)
- J. A. Fairbairn (appointed 1 March 2016)
- M. Rogers (appointed 1 September 2017)
- R. Nieuwenhof (appointed 1 September 2017)
- B. Richardson (appointed 1 September 2017)
The role of the chairperson is to exercise procedural control over trust meetings and to lead and assist the Trust Members in understanding their role, responsibilities and accountabilities as members of the Trust. The chairperson is responsible for ensuring that all Trust Members actively participate in the governance of the Trust.
The appointment process for Class A Cemetery Trusts is conducted by the Department of Health and Human Services. appointments are made by the Governor in Council on the recommendation of the Minister.
Appointment rounds are co-ordinated centrally by the Department of Health and Human Services, Cemeteries and Crematoria Regulation Unit.
The current Class A Cemetery Trusts are:
- Ballarat General Cemeteries Trust
- Bendigo Cemeteries Trust (Remembrance Parks Central Victoria - RPCV)
- Geelong Cemeteries Trust
- Greater Metropolitan Cemeteries Trust
- Southern Metropolitan Cemeteries Trust