The Geelong Cemeteries Trust administers cemeteries in Geelong, the Bellarine, the Colac Otway region including Winchelsea and Lorne, and in Gisborne. Our key focus is the professional and respectful management of funerals, cremations and memorialisation of the deceased in our communities.
Working within our administration team, this is a dual function role supporting key operational goals. The Administration Officer / Customer Servicer Consultant is a pivotal role responsible for the scheduling of funerals and cremations, and the timely and accurate completion of paperwork and record keeping, working with funeral directors, families and other Trust staff. The position will also provide assistance for families with arranging pre-need and at-need memorialisation. In a varied multi-tasked role, they will also support the accounts payable and receivable, and payroll function as required. This position will suit someone who enjoys working with people, has excellent administration and communication skills, a superior eye for detail and an understanding of CRM technology.
The duties of the Administration Officer / Customer Service Consultant include, but not limited to;
· Liaise with funeral directors to schedule funeral and cremation services.
This includes managing the after-hours booking line for 7 days on a monthly rotation
· Establish transactions relating to bookings
· Payment invoicing and receipting
· Assisting with accounts payable, receivable and payroll as required
· Accurate completion and processing appropriate paperwork relating to bookings and transactions
· CRM – assist with system updates. Maintain all records including archive records.
· Arrange appointments with families for presentation of both at-need and pre-need memorialisation options,
including meeting families on site in the relevant cemetery
· Assist families with plaque design and ordering, including providing information on a full suite of memorialisation products.
· Lodge plaque orders and maintain follow up for completion and installation
· Issue field staff with memorialisation instructions and inform families of completion as appropriate
Essential Skills and Experience
· Certificate IV in Business Admin or extensive relevant experience
· Victorian Driver’s License
· Excellent Administration skills
· Excellent Customer Service skills
· Experience in accounts payable and receivable and payroll.
· Demonstrated ability to work unsupervised
· Demonstrated ability to understand goals and deadlines, and the ability to plan and schedule work to meet them
· Demonstrated ability to work with a broad cross section of the community
· High level of computer literacy
· Experience in using a CRM system would be highly regarded
This is a full time position, 38 hours per week with optional RDO/paid overtime, 4 weeks annual leave, uniform, and assistance with additional training and accreditation is available as required. There is also additional remuneration when tending to the after-hours booking line (remotely, not office based) on a rotation basis, as required with this position.
We are looking for a motivated administration professional who can work equally well in a team environment and on their own, enjoys a challenge, and has strong organisational skills. If you feel that you have the skills and confidence required for this role and wish to work in a highly rewarding and appreciated job we would love to hear from you.
For a full copy of the position description please email your request to email@example.com